Style Enhancer Micro 2.0 (SEM20) - is the newest MIDI plug-in created for use
with SONAR multitrack digital recording system, Cakewalk Pro Audio, Cakewalk
Guitar Studio, and Cakewalk Home Studio, versions 9 and 8. Based on Performance
Modeling, this unique technology was developed by NTONYX to allow users to
introduce a MIDI-sequence of live sounding music into their projects. SEM2.0
analyzes MIDI-sequences, inserts them, and changes controller commands such as
Velocity, Volume, Pitch Wheel, Expression, etc. The result is simulation of a
live musician playing a real instrument, as well as an interesting character to
the performance. Performance Modeling technology integrated into the MIDI
section of Cakewalk software gives you previously inaccessible, unique and
unlimited features for use in the creation of all your music projects! SEM2.0 is
an easy to use, fast, effective and the most intellectual MIDI data processing
software you can find!
New Features of SEM2.0 in comparison with SEM1.28:
- VARIABLE parameter. In every particular style Variable is linked to one or
more ordinary parameter (Velocity, Pitch Wheel, etc.). Application of Variable
considerably enhances Style possibilities.
- Convenient Double-Coordinate Controllers. Transformation Regulators also
have double-coordinate controllers - to smoothly change at once two chosen
parameters in real-time.
- The updated Styles. In SEM2.0 you have access to all Styles of the
SEM1.28, but most styles have now more possibilities due to introduction of
Variable parameter. In fact, the combination of Variable and save presets
enables you to greatly expand your Style Library.
- The Styles are incorporated in groups and are in folders with the
appropriate names. You also can rename folders and to place in them Styles as
- Works as a real-time MIDI FX plug-in.
- The Convenient Transformation Regulators.
- A Style Library with 100 powerful-style algorithms.
- Convenient extended Style names with easy viewing and choice.
- Combined modes of transformation allow you to mix influences produced by
hand with the help of Wheels or Joystick, as well as influences calculated by
- Extended number of parameters of transformation: Start Time, Velocity,
Expression, Volume (7), Expression (11), Breath (2), Brightness (74), Wheel,
Modulation and Panning.
- Auto Optimization function provides a filter of the MIDI-events in the
- Additional Styles Sets. SEM2.0 includes a Library of 100 Styles. However,
up until April 2001, a total of more than 350 Styles have been developed. Now,
a very complete collection of Styles is available in sets of 50.
System Requirements are the same as for
Cakewalk. Of course faster systems will work more quickly but SEM is very quick
on all systems.
Find out more about Style Enhancer Micro 2.0 at the
Established in 1984, NTONYX went a long way from a research lab and a team of
computer music enthusiasts to a producer of internationally popular software and
a strategic partner of Cakewalk. Our experts have managed to develop original
unique technologies for musical performance modeling and morphing on the basis
of intellectual analysis and transformation of MIDI data. NTONYX is in a
continuous search for new solutions in this direction, regularly expanding the
library of modeling algorithms and constantly finding for themselves new spheres
of interest - such as development of voice banks and tools for audio